12.20.2013

My Personal Boudoir Session. Part II

We laughed as we rolled into Minot. It had been forever since I'd been there, and the last time I was there it wasn't necessarily a good experience. Maybe the laughter was a nervous laugh. We pulled up to the building and I let it all go, even the 'nervous fumes'. I heaved and wiped my sweaty palms on my sweat pants and walked up to the beautiful brick building in front of me.

Suzie (the photographer) and Ju'tone (the HAMU artist) were over grabbing lunch because we were late, which made me nervous that they already hated me. They greeted us at the door and we crossed the threshold of boudoir. They offered me some goodies from the bakery next door which was great because I totally spaced eating anything for the past twelve hours and my stomach was pissed!

They then sat in me in the chair to get started on hair and makeup and we started talking. About everything. From my business to her business, to why I was doing this, to the meaning of yellow roses (more on that story another time). I felt like I was talking with my girlfriends in my living room. After being all dolled up, it didn't feel so bad to get into the first outfit. Even though my first outfit was something I wear often, I was awkward in it. I didn't know how to move, I didn't know how to look at her with "sexy" eyes or if I should smile. I didn't know what to do! Thankfully Suzie is a professional and she knew just what to say to get me to relax, and make the expressions that she needed in order to 'make' the image. After outfit number one, I went down to a little something more revealing and by the end of the session I was completely comfortable and by the end of it I was LITERALLY walking around butt ass naked. You heard me right, completely nude.

Back track a week and a few days to one of my late night panic attacks where I found that I was second guessing my outfits. And I went to my stress release, online shopping. I purchased a piece from Victoria Secret that I thought would look good and help show off some of my curves, and in the midst of it I had this crazy idea. I wanted an image of me that displayed my passion. My passion for women, my passion for self love, my passion for photography. I threw the idea to Suzie and she was game. YEAH! Now to only get it to work the way I envision it.






 Want to see more of my images and my reaction to all my images? Follow my blog or like me on Facebook to stay updated on Megan Wold Photography's events, specials, and session reviews.



No comments:

Post a Comment